Thursday, February 21, 2013

Service Spotlight - From Vietnam to Thailand

The Vietnam Benefit last night at Cafe Trang was a HUGE success! Thank you to our wonderful student volunteers who worked so hard to make this day a success.  We couldn't have done it without you!  

Thank you!
Jessica Bergeman
Colton Roueche
Samantha Bergeman
Tessie Pham
Nicole McReynolds
Madison Adams
Keaton Adams
Taylor Johns
Alyssa Clark





This week we also had 3 amazing students who continued to serve at their main service site. These young women are all on the Thailand team and will be traveling together to make a difference there this summer! Way to go ladies!!

Emily Young
"I am volunteering at Real Life Salt Lake City for my main local service site! We play with the refugee teens in Salt Lake! I am volunteering about 4 hours a week an I absolutely love being able to play with the teens and have fun with them!"
Emily also planned the last lesson at Real Life.  We learned how to do origami!  We really appreciate your help and hard work Emily!





Dani Calhoon


"My service site is the American Red Cross. Every month there are youth council meetings where we discuss upcoming events that we have an opportunity to volunteer at. We also discuss topics like blood donation, humanitarian law, and disaster relief. Volunteering at The Red Cross gives us a chance to get certified in things like CPR training, babysitting and disaster relief where we can eventually go to real life disasters and help those affected. Last month we raised $500 to make sandwiches to feed the homeless on Monday at an event called Dinner at Vinny's. 


 Madison Anderson


"I volunteer at the Timpanogos Regional Hospital. I mainly work in the gift shop where I organize, clean, and help customers. I also help at the front desk where and when needed and I help with delivering gifts, flowers, etc. to the patients in the hospital. I love where I volunteer because I am able to see everyday miracles."


No comments:

Post a Comment