Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Stephan Buma's Main Service Site


I volunteer at the Intermountain Medical Center, in Murray, running the main lobby information desk. My jobs range from looking up patient rooms to flower delivery, to anything else visitors ask of me. I love volunteering there. The other volunteers I work with are incredible and I've made some great friends. Also, seeing how grateful most visitors and patients are for the volunteers is a great feeling. It's really cool volunteering there because you have to be able to think on your feet. Not all visitors know exactly what they're looking for and can have some pretty interesting requests that don't have any easy solutions. Sometimes it's a little difficult because some visitors aren't the most friendly and don't communicate what they want effectively. Besides those few unfriendly visitors I have loved volunteering at the Intermountain Medical Center and I am very grateful that I am able to fulfill my service obligations there.

No comments:

Post a Comment